DIRECT BENEFIT TRANSFER OF LIQUIFIED PETROLEUM GAS (DBTL) SCHEME…
Recently, an advertisement from the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India, through leading newspapers, asking all LPG consumers throughout India to join the DBTL scheme. The scheme was launched in Puduchery on 15.11.2014 and to be launched Rest of India on 01.01.2015.
As of now, the cost of LPG cylinder supplied to the consumer is much lower than its original price in international market. The government is providing subsidy to the consumer on every cylinder used by them. Giving subsidy which runs to crores of rupees has become a huge burden for the government. But misusing this subsidy by using cylinders in areas other than houses, has been reported from all over India. To prevent this misuse, the government has come with the DBTL scheme. In this scheme, the consumer can get the subsidy on a cylinder only through banks. A consumer have to pay the market price for a cylinder and the subsidy for that particular cylinder will be credited to their respective bank accounts.
The government wants this particular scheme which already exists, to implement all over India rapidly to prevent any misuse of the subsidy. As to cover up all the people, the government has set a dead line to join the scheme. The last to join is 14.02.2015.
About the DBTL Scheme:
- Consumers will need a bank account to join the scheme and receive LPG subsidy.
- Consumers will also get a one time permanent advance in their bank account as per their bank account prior to buying the first market priced cylinders.
- Consumers will receive subsidy in their bank account as per their entitlement of subsidised cylinders.
- Till consumers join the scheme they will get cylinders at:
-(a) Subsidised price for three months w.e.f 15.11.2014 till 14.02.2015.
-(b) Market price for next three months, but the subsidy due will be given to them if they join the scheme within these three months i.e. till 14.05.2015.
- With effect from 15.05.2015, all LPG consumers will get cylinders at market price only and those who join the scheme will receive one time permanent advance and subsidy from the date of joining.
- To join the scheme and receive subsidy, consumers should use, Option 1 if they have Aadhar and Option 2 only if they don’t have Aadhar:
If you have Aadhar, you have to use Primary Option 1 – Aadhar Based Cash Transfer:
Step 1: Link your Aadhar Number to your Bank Account by filling form 1 and depositing at Bank branch/drop box at LPG distributor.
Step 2: Link your Aadhar Number with your LPG distributor.
By Hand: Submit Form 2 to the LPG distributor.
Via Call Centre: Call 1800-2333-555 and register the Aadhar Number.
On Web: At www.rasf.uidai.gov.in Click on Start Now and follow the procedure.
Only if you don’t have Aadhar you can use Secondary Option 2 – Non-Aadhar Cash Transfer:
Submit your bank account details:
By Hand: In Form 4, to your LPG distributor.
On Web: Log on to www. MyLPG.in and enter your bank account details there.
Submit your LPG Consumer ID details in Form 3 to your bank branch (selected branches).