No. 1/19/2014-P&PW (E)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3’“ Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi,
15‘ April, 2015
The Pensioners’ Associations/Federations ..
Sub: Enrolment for Aadhaar numbers and seeding in service records of all employees regarding.
- In November, 2014, the Prime Minister has launched an Aadhaar-based biometric verification system “Jeevan Pramaan” to enable pensioners to submit a digital Life Certificate on-line. This facility has been provided in addition to the other already existing methods of submitting Life Certificate.
- “Jeevan Pramaan” aims at sparing the pensioners and family pensioners the trouble of visiting the bank branch for submission of Life Certificates. It is possible to submit the Life Certificate from personal computers/laptops or mobile phones or by visiting a conveniently located branch of any bank or a Common Service Centre.
- A pensioner or family pensioner who wants to benefit from this facility needs to obtain an Aadhaar number and get it linked to his/her Pension Payment Order (PPO) number and pension account. This will also speed up commencement of family pension in the event of death of pensioner or spouse.
- In view of the immense advantages of using Aadhaar numbers, Pensioners’Associations are requested to disseminate information about Jeevan Pramaan amongst pensioners and also collaborate in making it a success by facilitating registration of pensioners on Jeevan Pramaan portal using Aadhaar based authentication for organizing enrolment activities.
- NIC centres across various states and districts are being directed by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology to provide necessary technical support for starting enrolment of pensioners for Digital Life Certificate. You may please get in touch with the nearest NIC Centre.
Under Secretary to the Government of India