Revision of House Rent Allowance for CPSE employees on the basis of Census – 2011
No. 2(46)/2012-DPE (WC)-GL-XIII /2015
Government of India
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
Department of Public Enterprises
Public Enterprises Bhawan,
Block No.14, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
Dated, the 07th Sept 2015
Subject : Re-classification/Upgradation of Cities/Towns on the basis of Census – 2011 for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) for CPSE employees.
- The undersigned is directed to refer to para ‘7’ of DPE OM dated 26.11.2008, para ‘2’(iii) of OM dated 02.04.2009 and DPE OM dated 07/01/2013 on the subject cited above.
- Department of Expenditure, vide OM No. 2/5/2014-E.II(B) dated 21/07/2015, has re- classified the cities/towns on the basis of Census-2011 as “X”, “Y” and “Z” for the purpose of HRA as enumerated in the Annexure to this OM.
- It has been decided that the re-classification of cities/towns on the basis of census 2011 for the purpose of grant of HRA as contained in the Department of Expenditure OM dated 21/07/2015 would also be implemented in the Central Public Sector Enterprises with effect from 1st April 2015.
- These guidelines would be applicable to the employees of CPSEs who are on 2007 IDA pay scale and also to the employees on 6th CPC recommendation based CDA pay scales.
- All the administrative Ministries/Departments of the Government of India are requested to bring the foregoing to the notice of the public sector enterprises under their administrative control for their information and necessary action.
- This issues with the approval of Minister (HI & PE).
Click Here..to view the Order