Steps to be followed for Getting Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners…
After retirement, one of the major requisite for the pensioners is to provide Life Certificates to the authorized pension disbursing agencies like the bank, following which their pension is credited to their account. In order to get this life certificates, the individual drawing the pension is required to either personally present himself/ herself before the Pension Disbursing Agency or have the Life Certificate issued by authority where they have served earlier and have it delivered to the disbursing agency.
This very requirement of personally being present in front of disbursing agency or getting a life certificate often becomes a major hurdle in the process of seamless transfer of pension amount to the pensioner. It has been noted that it causes a lot of hardship and unnecessary inconvenience particularly for the aged and infirm pensioners who cannot always be in a position to present them in front of the particular authority to secure their life certificate.
Digital life Certificate for Pensioners scheme of the Government of India known as Jeevan Pramaan seeks to address this very problem by digitizing the whole process of securing the life certificate. It aims to streamline the process of getting this certificate and making it hassle free and much easier for the pensioners. With this initiative the pensioners requirement to physically present himself/herself in front of disbursing agency or the certification authority will become a thing of the past benefiting the pensioners in a huge way and cutting down on unnecessary logistical hurdles.
Process of getting Digital Life Certificate:
- Pensioner needs to have an Aadhaar number for getting Digital Life Certificate issued.
- Pensioner need to enroll and bio-metrically authenticate himself/herself using one of the following methods:-
- Download application prepared for generating digital life certificate from jeevanpramaan.gov.in on any Android Tablet/Smartphone or Windows PC. Procure a low cost fingerprint scanner / iris scanner / from the market and plug it on USB port of the Tablet / Smartphone / PC. Using the above application, Pensioner will be able to enroll and bio-metrically authenticate in real time from the comfort of their homes by giving his / her Aadhaar number and other details related to their pension bank account.
- Pensioner can visit a nearby CSC Centre, Bank Branch or any Government Office whose details are provided under “locate centre” on jeevanpramaan.gov.in and bio-metrically authenticate in real time by giving his / her Aadhaar number and other details related to their pension bank account.
- If the Pensioner is already enrolled on the system, next time, he gives his Aadhar number, he would only be required to authenticate his bio-metric for updating date of his digital certificate.
- After successful submission of digital life certificate, pensioner will be sent a SMS on his /her mobile giving the transaction ID. Pensioner will be able to download computer generated life certificate from jeevanpramaan.gov.in using this transaction ID for their records.
- Bank branch can be informed about submission of your digital life certificate in one of the following ways:-
- Bank can log in on jeevanpramaan.gov.in and can search manually for Pensioner’s life certificate either by giving Aadhaar number, Bank Account number or Transaction ID.
- Core Banking Systems of Banks will be able to automatically download life certificate details from the digital life registration repository, and update life status in Pensioner’s bank account.
- Pensioner’s digital Life certificate can be sent to respective branch of the Bank by sending an email or forwarding the link through SMS to download life certificate from the website. reminders through SMS will be sent to the pensioners enrolled on jeevanpramaan.gov.in for timely submission of their digital life certificates.