2016 SEPTEMBER 2nd GENERAL STRIKE – CONFEDERATION SERVED STRIKE NOTICE TO GOVT. OF INDIA
All affiliated organisations are once again requested to serve Strike Notice to their respective Departmental Heads today itself. If any organisation could not serve today, they should serve it before 17th August 2016 without fail. Copy of the Strike Notice should be sent to Confederation CHQ.
Dated: 12th August 2016
The Cabinet Secretary,
Government of India,
NEW DELHI – 110004
This is to give notice that the employees who are members of the affiliated organisations of the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers will go on one-day strike on 2nd September 2016. The Charter of demands in pursuance of which the employees will embark upon the one-day Strike action is enclosed.
Encl : Charter of demands
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
PART – A
1.Urgent measures for containing price rise through universalization of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
2.Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
3.Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
4.Universal social security cover for all workers.
5.Minimum wage of not less than 18000/- per month with provisions of indexation (for unskilled worker).
6.Assured enhanced pension not less than 3000 p.m for the entire working population (including unorganized sector workers).
7.Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/state public sector undertakings.
8.Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent/perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as that of regular workers for the same and similar work.
9.Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund and increase in quantum of gratuity.
10.Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting application and immediate ratification of ILO conventions C-87 and C-98.
11.No FDI in Railways, Defence and other strategic sectors.
12.No unilateral amendment to labour laws.
PART – B
Demand of the Central Govt. Employees
1.Avoid delay in implementing the assurances given by Group of Ministers to NJCA on 30thJune 2016, especially increase in minimum pay a fitment formula. Implement the assurance in a time bound manner.
2. Settle issues raised by the NJCA, regarding modifications of the 7th CPC recommendations, submitted to Cabinet Secretary on 10th December 2015.
3. Scrap PFRDA Act and New Pension System (NPS) and grant Pension/Family Pension to all Central Government employees under CCS (Pension) Rules 1972.
4. No privatization, outsourcing, contractorisation of Government functions.
5. (i) Treat Gramin Dak Sevaks as Civil Servants and extend all benefits on pay, pension and allownaces of departmental employees.
(ii) Regularise casual, contract, contingent and daily rated workers and grant equal pay and other benefits.
6. Fill up all vacant posts by special recruitment. Lift ban on creation of new posts.
7. Remove ceiling on compassionate appointments.
8. Extend benefit of Bonus Act amendment 2015 on enhancement of payment ceiling to the Adhoc bonus/PLB of Central Govt. employees with effect from the financial years 2014-15. Ensure payment of revised bonus before Pooja holidays.
9. Revive JCM functioning at all levels.
Source : Confederation