ONE DAY STRIKE ON 15TH FEBRUARY 2017
AGAINST THE BREACH OF ASSURANCE AND BETRAYAL BY GROUP OF MINISTERS OF NDA GOVERNMENT.
TO UPHOLD THE SELF-RESPECT AND DIGNITY OF 33 LAKHS CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND 34 LAKHS PENSIONERS.
ABOUT 15 LAKHS CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND AUTONOMOUS BODY EMPLOYEES WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE STRIKE
- Central Government employees and Pensioners betrayed by NDA Govt. by breach of assurance given by Group of Cabinet Ministers including Shri Rajnath Singh, Shiri Arun Jaitely and Shri Suresh Prabhu regarding increase in Minimum Pay and Fitment formula. This is the worst pay revision after 2nd CPC report in 1960. Government implemented the report without any modification suggested by Staff side (JCM). In 1960 entire employees went on five days strike.
- Central Government Pensioners and Family Pensioners betrayed by NDA Government by not implementing Option-I (parity) recommended by 7th CPC and accepted by Cabinet.
- Autonomous bodies employees betrayed by NDA Government by issuing instructions NOT TO IMPLEMENT 7th CPC benefits to Autonomous body employees and Pensioners UNTIL FURTHER ORDERS.
- Three lakhs Gramin Dak Sevaks of the Postal Department betrayed by NDA Government by not extending the benefits of 7th CPC to them and also by not publishing the separate one-man committee report already submitted to the Government.
- Thousands of Casual, Part-time, contingent employees, daily rated mazdoors and contract workers are betrayed by the NDA Government by not regularizing their services and by not revising their wages on the principle of “Equal Pay for Equal Work”.
- 7th CPC Submitted its report after 21 months on 19th November 2015. Even after 13 months the NDA Government has not implemented the revised HRA, Transport Allowance and all other Allowances. Government is deliberately delaying it further to deny implementation from 01.01.2016 and also to delay it to next Financial year 2017, thereby denying arrears.
- Government betrayed Central Government employees and Pensioners by denying eligible 3% Dearness Allowance with effect from 01.07.2016. DA for pre-revised Minimum pay of 7000 is 7% = 490 per month. Same pre-revised pay of 7000 revised to 18000 after merger of 125% DA as on 01.01.2016. New DA granted for revised minimum pay of 18000 is 2% = 360 per month. Thus, there is a recurring loss of Rs. 130/- per month in DA granted to Minimum pay. For other higher pay scales, the loss is still higher.
- In the past, only one Committee before implementation of CPC report and one Anomaly Committed after implementation was constituted. This time Committee after Committees are constituted but no negotiated settlement with the JCM (NC) staff side on any of the issue, but only one-way hearing of the views of the staff side. Implementation Committee, Empowered Committee, Allowances Committee, Pension (Option-1) Committee, Anomaly Committee, New Pension System (NPS) Committee and Senior Officers Committee (?) to discuss the issues arising out of 7th CPC recommendations. (no formal orders constituting the Group of Senior Offices Committee and no terms of reference made public). Almost six months are over after Cabinet approving pay scales and one year is over after submission of 7th CPC report, but no outcome of any committee).
- No negotiated settlement on Confederation’s 21 Point Charter of demands which includes increase in minimum pay, Fitment formula, no reduction of HRA rate, Revision of all allowances, Restoration of abolished Advances, Option-1 for pensioners, Scrap New Pension System, Autonomous bodies wage revision, GDS Issues, Casual Labour issues, MACP promotional hierarchy and “Very good” bench mark, filling up of vacancies, removal of 5% compassionate appointment restriction, Five promotions, LDC/UDC pay upgradation, Parity in pay scales with Central Secretariat Staff, removal of CCL adverse condition, equal pay for equal work etc.
WHAT HAPPENED ON 30TH JUNE 2016?
AND WHO BETRAYED THE EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS?
On the night of 30th June 2016, Shri Suresh Prabhu, Hon’ble Minister for Railways informed the Secretary, JCM (NC) Staff side Shri Shiv Gopal Misra that the Prime Minister had empowered three Cabinet Ministers, viz: Shri Rajnath Singh, Hon’ble Home Minister, Shri Arun Jaitely, Hon’ble Fiance Minister and Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, Hon’ble Railways Minister, to negotiate with the staff side, JCM (NC), and invited staff side (JCM) for a meeting at the Official residence of Shri Rajnath Singh, Hon’ble Home Minister on the same night 21:30 hrs. On persistent demand of the staff side (JCM), the Group of Ministers assured that the issue of increase in the Minimum wage and Fitment formula will be referred to a High-Level Committee and the Committee will submit its report to the Government within four months.
NOW SIX MONTH’S ARE ALMOST OVER.
WHERE IS THE HIGH-LEVEL COMMITTEE REPORT?
CHEATING………………. CHEATING…………………. CHEATING
WHEN CABINET MINISTERS BETRAY, WHAT SHALL WE DO?
STRIKE……………. STRIKE………………. STRIKE
Strike is the only BEFITTING REPLY to those who betrayed the cause of the Central Government employees and pensioners.
We cannot go on begging before the NDA Government.
WORKERS ARE NOT BEGGARS.
Let us make the 15th February 2017 one day strike a resounding success.
Let us not surrender our prestige and self-respect before those who betrayed our cause.