CGHS Criteria for Dependants family Members and Age Limit
- For CGHS cards, as dependant, what is the meaning of the word “family”
The term ‘family’ means and includes: – “Husband or wife as the case may be and other dependant family members. Dependant Family Members: parents, sisters, widowed sisters, widowed daughters, minor brothers and minor sister, children and stepchildren wholly dependent upon the Government Servant and are normally residing with the Government Servant”. Also, now include dependent divorced / separated daughters and stepmother. The term dependency means that income from all sources including pensions and pension equivalent of DCRG benefit is less than Rs.3500/- plus amount of DA on Basic pension of Rs3500/- per month.
- Is there any age limit for sons /daughters as dependent in CGHS Card?
Son is eligible till he starts earning or attains the age of 25 years or gets married whichever is earlier. However, in case the son is suffering from any permanent disability of any kind (physical or mental) he is eligible for CGHS benefits even after 25yrs. Disability means blindness, low vision, leprosy-cured, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, mental retardation, mental illness. A disability certificate from Medical Board is required. Daughter is eligible till she starts earning, or gets married, whichever is earlier (irrespective of age)
- My married daughter has dispute with her husband she is residing with me. I am a CGHS card holder. Could I include her name in CGHS Card?
- My daughter is married but son-in law is unemployed. Can I have my daughter and son-in-law in my CGHS Card?
- The Divorce case of my daughter No is pending in Court. Can I include her name in CGHS Card?
- My son is divorced Can his divorced wife be dependant as she takes alimony from us..
- Are step-children allowed CGHS facilities?
Yes. If they are dependent on card holder: other conditions as in case of dependant sons and daughters
- Are Grandchildren entitled for CGHS facilities
9. My son is aged 26 and is dependent on me. He has been undergoing regular Haemodialysis. Can he continue to avail CGHS facilities?
10.My 23-year son was working in pvt company. Now, is no more in job but previously he was tax payer and has 15 lakh in his account. Can I include his name in my CGHS card?
Yes. up to 25 years’ age and if he is unmarried and if his income from all sources is less than Rs.3500/- plus amount of DA on Basic pension of Rs3500/- per month.
11. My father has agriculture land and getting humpty crops Can I include my parents’ names in my CGHS card, they live in my parental village
No. Their name can only be included if their income from all sources is less than Rs.3500/- plus amount of DA on Basic pension of Rs3500/- per month. And they are staying with You
- Can dependent in-laws be included under family members for CGHS facilities?
A lady Government servant will be given a choice to include either her parents or parents –in-law for the purpose of availing the benefits under CGHS subject to the condition of dependence and residence, etc., being satisfied. OM No. F.4(1)-18/63-H dated 3.3.1987)
- Me and my wife are both central Govt. employees and have dependant brothers / sisters and parents. Can we make separate cards and include family members?
Yes. Your wife can have her parents as dependant in her card
- My husband / wife is also employed under Central Government and is eligible for a separate CGHS Card. Is it necessary that separate cards to be obtained?
No. Spouse with higher salary can get CGHS Card made and name of another spouse can be added in the card
- Can adopted children avail CGHS facilities?
Legally adopted dependent children can avail CGHS facilities
- If my parents have a parental property in Haryana and do not stay with me in Delhi, can they avail medical facilities and I send their medicines to them
No. Dependant family members have to stay with card holder