Additional HRA for Civilian Employees of the Central Government serving in the states of North Eastern Region, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Islands and Ladakh…
No. 28/1/2017 – E.II (B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 19th July 2017.
Subject:-Implementation of the Recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – Additional HRA for civilian employees of the Central Government serving in the states of North Eastern Region, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Islands and Ladakh.
- Consequent upon revision of the rates of HRA granted to the Central Government Employees on implementation of the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission vide O.M. No. 2/5/2017-E.II(B) dated 07.07.2017, in modification of this Ministry’s O.M. No. 11016/1/E.II (B)/84 dated 29.03.1984 and O.M. No.2(19)/E.II(B)/2008 dated 02.01.2009 on the subject mentioned above, additional HRA shall be granted to the civilian employees of the Central Government posted to states of North Eastern Region, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Islands and Ladakh, who leave their families behind at their old duty station at revised rates as per O.M. No. 2/5/2017-E.II(B) dated 07.07.2017.
- These orders will not be applicable to such employees who were transferred out of North Eastern Region, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep islands and Ladakh before 01.07.2017.
- These orders shall take effect from 1st July, 2017.
- These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway Employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
- In so far as the employees working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued with the concurrence of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
(Annie George Mathew)
Joint Secretary to the Government of India
Click Here…to view the order