Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendation of the VIIth Pay Commission on CCS (Extraordinary Pension) Rules, 1939 — Enhancement of Constant Attendant Allowance
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003
Dated the 2nd August, 2017.
Subject: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendation of the VIIth Pay Commission on CCS (Extraordinary Pension) Rules, 1939 — Enhancement of Constant Attendant Allowance.
- The undersigned is directed to say that at present Constant Attendant Allowance (CAA) is Granted to pensioners who retired on disability pension under the CCS(Extraordinary Pension) Rules 1939, with 100% disability (where the individual is completely dependent on somebody else for day-to-day function). The Constant Attendant Allowance is paid in addition to the disability pension. The present rate of Constant Attendant Allowance admissible is Rs.4500/- per month. Constant Attendant Allowance Enhanced in 7th CPC.
- Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission on Allowances, Government has accepted the recommendation of 7th Central Pay Commission to increase the Constant Attendant Allowance by a factor 1.5, ie. to Rs.6750/- per month. Accordingly, sanction of the President is hereby conveyed for enhancement of the amount of Constant Attendant Allowance from the existing Rs.4500/- to Rs.6750/- per month.
- These orders will take effect from 01.07.2017.
- In so far as persons belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
- These orders are issued with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide, their OM No.11-1/2016-IC dated 11.07.2017.
- Hindi version will follow.