Digital Life Certificate through online….
An “Aadhar-based Digital Life Certificate” for pensioners, in a move that could eventually benefit over a crore pensioners. The Prime Minister said that after the push towards self-certification, this digital life certificate was another enabling mechanism which would benefit the common man.
At present, 50 lakh individuals draw pension from the Central Government alone. A similar number draw pension from State and Union Territory Governments. Several PSUs also provide pension benefits. Over 25 lakh retired personnel draw pension from the Armed Forces. The Aadhar-Based Digital Life Certificate will go a long way in reducing hardship which so many senior citizens have to go through to produce a Life Certificate every year.
Process of getting digital life certificate issued for Pensioners
Step 1 : Pensioner needs to have In Aadhaar number for getting digital Life certificate issued.
Step 2 : Pensioner needs to enroll and biometrically authenticate himself/herself using one of the following methods:
- a) Download application prepared for generating digital life Certificate from jeevanpramaan.gov.in on any Android Tablet/Smartphone or Windows PC. Procure a low cost finger print scanner/iris scanner from the market and plug it on USB port of the Tablet/Smartphone/Pc. Using the above application, Pensioner will be able to enroll and bio-metrically authenticate in real time from the comfort of their homes by giving his/her Aadhaar number and other details related to their pension bank account.
- b) Pensioner can visit a nearby CSC center, Bank Branch or any Government office whose details are provided under ‘locate center” on jeevanpramaan.gov.in and bio-metrically authenticate in real time by giving his/her Aadhaar number and other pension details related to their pension bank account.
- c) If the pensioner is already enrolled on the system, next time he gives his Aadhaar number, he would only be required to authenticate his bio-metric for updating date of his digital life certificate.
Step 3 : After successful submission of digital life Certificate. pensioner will be sent a SMS on his/her mobile giving the transaction id, Pensioner will be able to download computer generated life certificate from jeevanpramaangov.in using this transaction ID or their records.
Step 4 : Bank Branch can be informed about submission of your digital life certificate in one of the following ways.
- a) Bank can login on jeevanparmaan.gov.in and can search manually for Pensioner’s life certificate either by giving Aadhaar number, Bank Account number or Transaction.
- b) Core Banking Systems of Banks will be able to automatically download life certificate details from the digital life registration repository and update life status in Pensioners bank account.
- c) Pensioner’s digital life certificate can be sent to respective branch of the Bank by sending an email or forwarding the link through SMS to download life certificate from the website.
Reminders through SMS will be sent to the pensioners enrolled on jeevanpramaan.gov.in for timely submission of their digital life certificates.
Click Here for Detailed Instructions..